Breckenridge, CO 80424
Breckenridge Distillery has opening for an Accounts Payable and Payroll Administrator
About Breckenridge Distillery
We are not your typical small company, and we are currently seeking someone who is not your typical accountant! Maybe it’s our award-winning bourbon talking, or the fact that our people are amazing, but we’re excited to be hiring an accountant to help take us to the next level.
Breckenridge Distillery is a small company with big plans, and we need to find a great fit for the skill sets needed. Candidates will gain an understanding of how dynamic it can be working in a small company that is growing, while still being able to enjoy a great work/life balance.
- Input all invoices and expense reports into Accounts Payable (QuickBooks)
- Process weekly accounts payable batches
- Obtain approvals on all invoices
- Mail checks
- Match all paid invoices with checks
- File supporting documentation in a timely manner
- Coordinate with offsite sales and compliance consultant
- File monthly excise tax reports with multiple states
- Manage company credit card activity to ensure accurate documentation and expense coding by all users.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Contribute to strong intracompany relationships through positive interactions with staff. Respond to questions and request for information in a timely manner.
- Perform internal auditing functions related to the calculation of excise taxes, petty cash and change funds.
- Provide administrative and office support to all departments.
- Manage contribution requests including verification of 501(c)(3) status and redemption of certificate accounting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all tasks necessary to process payroll on a bi-weekly basis, including maintaining communication with ADP and collaborating with Human Resources.
- Facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll procedures and system processes.
- Provide supporting documents for workers compensation insurance audits.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll journal entries and month end payroll accrual journal entries.
- Perform reconciliations of ADP Master Control to general ledger accounts including salary and FICA expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to meet an on-going stream of deadlines.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with various employees and people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong integrity, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on accounting issues.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-volume and evolving work environment.
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong ability to operate independently.
- Effective communication and written skills.
- Positive attitude with solution driven decision-making skills.
- Advanced level of Excel skills.
- Must have general understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Self-starter and team player.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
- Experience working with an outside payroll vendor; ADP is a plus.
- Strong computer and keyboard data entry skills
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to type.