Breckenridge, CO 80424
Salary: $18.00 /hour
Breckenridge Distillery Restaurant has openings for Daytime Line Cooks.
About Breckenridge Distillery Restaurant
Breckenridge Distillery Restaurant focuses on small plates and family style meals all designed for sharing good company. When you dine with us, experience the harmony of our locally and seasonally inspired cuisine paired with hand crafted cocktails.
The Cook assists the Executive Chef by preparing, cooking, and serving food.
Successful candidate will possess the following
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and chef instruction
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation
- Prepare food to the specifications of the Chef
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically
- Strong knife skills required including the ability to tourne, julienne, brunoise, dice, chop and mince
- Able to execute the following skills to a high standards; sautee, broil, bake, poach and braise
- Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, counters, tables, etc. without supervision
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safety and sanitary food handling practices
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Culinary degree a plus
- At least 2 years of culinary experience
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management
- Hard-working, enthusiastic, flexible – desires new challenges and is self-motivated
- Extremely well organized with a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand for the entire workday
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen
- Willing to work daytime, weekends and holidays as needed
- We offer a competitive pay
- Employees receive one free bottle of our wonderful Breckenridge Distillery spirits per month as an added bonus.
For more company information, please visit www.breckenridgedistillery.com