Breckenridge, CO 80424
Salary: $18.00 /hour
Breckenridge Distillery Restaurant has openings for Prep Cooks.
About Breckenridge Distillery Restaurant
Breckenridge Distillery Restaurant focuses on small plates and family style meals all designed for sharing good company. When you dine with us, experience the harmony of our locally and seasonally inspired cuisine paired with hand crafted cocktails.
Successful candidate will possess the following*
- Prep all ingredients for our one-of-a-kind recipes
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Proven track record of adhering to recipe standards
- Have a passion for working with high quality and fresh ingredients
- Excel in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Thrive on teamwork
- Prepare food to the specifications of the Executive Chef
- Strong knife skills required including the ability to tourne, julienne, brunoise, dice, chop and mince
- Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, counters, tables, etc. without supervision
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safety and sanitary food handling practices
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- 2 years of culinary experience a plus
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits
- Previous Garde Manger experience preferred.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management
- Hard-working, enthusiastic, flexible – desires new challenges and is self-motivated
- Extremely well organized with a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand for the entire workday
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen
- Willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- We offer a competitive pay
- Employees receive one free bottle of our wonderful Breckenridge Distillery spirits per month as an added bonus.
For more company information, please visit www.breckenridgedistillery.com