The holiday may be over, but we can’t get enough of the delicious cocktail from Cake N’ Knife crafted using our Breckenridge Bourbon.
Usually it’s served up with a rye whiskey but Meghan from Cake N’ Knife found that Breckenridge Bourbon was exactly what this classic cocktail needed. “The bourbon is smooth with just a little bit of a bite, making it just the right accompaniment for the boulevardier,” say Meghan.
“The flavor they impart into their bourbon (and other spirits, now that I mention it) is unreal. It’s so much more rich and bold than other bourbons that I’ve tried, making it just the right fit for this bold holiday version of this cocktail.”
yield: MAKES 1 COCKTAIL + 2 CUPS HOMEMADE SHRUB | prep time:5 MINUTES | cook time:10 MINUTES | total time:15 MINUTES
A holiday take on the classic Boulevardier, made with bourbon and a homemade easy peasy cranberry shrub!
1 cup water
2 1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 oz. Breckenridge Distillery Bourbon Whiskey
3/4 oz homemade cranberry shrub
1/2 oz. Campari
1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
1 orange or lemon peel
- To make the cranberry shrub, bring water, cranberries, sugar, cloves and cardamom to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently until the cranberries are soft, approximately 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a mason jar. Using the back of a spoon to press down the cranberries and extract as much just as possible, without pushing any of the solids through.
- Stir in the vinegar and cover. Refrigerate until ready to use. This mixture can be kept for several months in the refrigerator.
- To make the cocktail, add whiskey, cranberry shrub, Campari, and sweet vermouth into a mixing glass or empty cocktail shaker. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with orange or lemon twist.
Read more about this cocktail and others from Cake N’ Knife.